The Israel Trade Commission seeks an intelligent and enthusiastic candidate to grow business and trade relations between Israel and Australia. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an international setting with leaders in trade, business development, and technology.
The Israel Trade Commission in Australia represents the Israeli Ministry of Economy and Industry and is also part of the Israeli Embassy in Australia. The ITC is in charge of the overall trade and economic relations between Israel and Australia. Our main role is to facilitate and enhance trade relationships between the two countries. You will work closely with the Israeli Trade Commissioner to foster bilateral trade, assist the entry or expansion of Israeli companies into the Australian market, organize trade delegations and build relations with leading companies and local government agencies. You will also promote foreign direct investment in Israel, help Israeli companies find investment capital, and encourage industrial R&D projects between Israeli and Australian companies.
- Helping Israeli exporters find the resources and contacts needed to enter or expand into the Australian market.
- Preparing market overviews on various sectors of the Industry.
- Identifying potential partnerships between Israeli and Australian companies.
- Assuming all aspects of business development, including cultivating contacts and following news and trends, for assigned sectors of the economy.
- Writing news for our website and newsletter and updating our various social media platforms.
- Cooperating with other organizations, associations and government offices to plan and oversee events and trade missions.
- Promoting Israeli industry to the Australian business community.
- Building a network of professionals to help support Israeli business and trade.
- Performing administrative and budget related tasks.
- University Bachelor’s degree – preferably in the business or economics fields.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in business development work is a plus however, fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Experienced and savvy with social networks and different media platforms.
- Exceptional English writing and communication skills are a must.
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced and intensive work environment.
- Familiarity with Israel’s economy and business culture is a plus.
- All degrees and work experience will be considered.
- Hebrew is a plus.
This position is not open to people with Israeli citizenship.
To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and CV to Richard Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org.