New Tender: BOT Project for the Design, Finance, Construction, Operation and Maintenance of a Municipal Biological Degradable Waste Treatment Plant
THE INTER-MINISTERIAL TENDER COMMITTEE HEREBY INVITES
1. Entities and consortia from the private sector in Israel and abroad, to participate in a pre-qualification process for a tender regarding a BOT project for the design, finance, construction, operation and maintenance of a municipal biological degradable waste treatment plant, by the private sector. The plant shall receive municipal solid waste (separated at source (sorted) and mixed (unsorted)), of an aggregate input capacity of at least 1,000 tons/day, for a period of approximately twenty-five (25) years (the “Project”). At the end of the term of the Project, the Project will be transferred to the State at no cost.
2. The Tender Committee intends to conduct a two-phased competitive selection process in order to select the private sector entity to execute the Project, in the following stages:
2.1. A pre-qualification process (the “Pre-Qualification Process”); and
2.2. A tender process, in which those participants which will have been deemed to comply with the requirements of the Pre-Qualification Process, will be invited to participate (the “Tender Process”).
3. The Pre-Qualification Process includes several pre-qualification requirements, in the following areas, as detailed in the invitation for pre-qualification (the “Invitation for Pre-Qualification”):
3.1. Experience in the design and construction of infrastructure projects;
3.2. Experience in the design, construction and commissioning of mechanical and biological treatment of municipal biological degradable waste facilities using biological anaerobic digestion;
3.3. Experience in the operation and maintenance of mechanical and biological treatment of municipal biological degradable waste facilities using biological anaerobic digestion;
3.4. Financial pre-qualification requirements with respect to financial robustness of the participant and its members.
For the avoidance of any doubt, it is hereby clarified that the pre-qualification requirements are only generally detailed herein, and are subject to the provisions of the Invitation for Pre-Qualification.
The Tender Committee reserves the right to change and modify said pre-qualification requirements as well as additional prerogatives, all as set forth in the Invitation for Pre-Qualification.
4. The Invitation for Pre-Qualification and any updates thereto shall be available for online review starting on October 31, 2012, at the Ministry of Finance website at: www.mof.gov.il under “Tenders” or at www.sviva.gov.il, for no charge. Without derogating from the foregoing, each entity shall be required, prior to receipt of the downloading code, to register with Mrs. Iris Giditz, at the email address PPP-Waste.Service@inbal.co.il or phone no. 972-3-9778753 and shall be required to provide details about its appointed representative, including its postal address, telephone and facsimile numbers and e-mail address. All notices and additional information pertaining to the Invitation for Pre-Qualification will be sent to appointed representative of each such entity.
5. Please be advised, that although the Invitation for Pre-Qualification may be downloaded for no charge, in order for an entity to submit a Pre-Qualification Submission, a participation fee of two thousand five hundred NIS (2,500 NIS) is required (the “Participation Fee”). Payments shall be made by transfer of the aforesaid amount to account No. 25636, at the Postal Bank of Israel Post, Branch no. 001, in the name of the Accountant General.
Upon transfer of the Participation Fee, the participants shall indicate the following: “Pre-qualification for the Project of design, finance, construction, operation, maintenance, and transfer to the State of Israel, of a mechanical and biological waste treatment plant”.
6. Questions and requests for clarifications may be submitted, in writing in the manner and at the address referenced in the Invitation for Pre-Qualification. Written answers will be issued to all entities which will register in accordance with the provisions of the Invitation for Pre-Qualification.
7. Participants will submit their proposals to the Invitation for Pre-Qualification as an original and three (3) identical copies (four (4) altogether) in sealed and separate envelopes by no later than 12:00 on 29 January, 2013 to the Tender Committee’s tender box, at the following address:
[Attn. Mrs Iris Giditz, Private Public Partnerships Division, Inbal Insurance Company Ltd., Inbal House, Arava St., 5th Floor, P.O.B. 282, Airport City, Ben- Gurion Airport 70100]
8. This notice contains general and preliminary information only. Further conditions and requirements with respect to the pre-qualification process are as detailed in the Invitation for Pre-Qualification. The Tender Committee reserves the right to annul and revise the conditions of the pre-qualification process and its schedule, all in accordance with the provisions of the Invitation for Pre-Qualification. In the event of any discrepancy between this advertisement and the Invitation for Pre- Qualification, the provisions of the Invitation for Pre-Qualification shall prevail